Monday, February 18, 2013

is keith ON THE PURSUIT TO HAPPYNESS?

It has been a little over a year since I have even stepped foot inside of the Harry & Jeanette Weinberg Housing & Resource Center.  Thanks to my Lord and Savoir, Jesus Christ, and my on again/off again boyfriend, Richard Hunt, I have had a warm place to lay my head each and every night.  I've even had a steady job for all of three months now.  I'm successfully contolling my HIV status.  I'm mending relationships old and new.  And I'm truly on the Pursuit to a better life.  I'm not perfect and I'm nowhere close to where I want to be just yet but I'm definitely headed in the right direction.  All I can do is take one step at a time and remain a humble and honest person.  I'm putting all my trust in the Lord because I know that he has already prepared the way, I just have to take heed. 

I recently saw the movie, The Persuit of Happyness, starring Will Smith.  It's been all of a few years since I've seen the film (I actually own the DVD.) and it really struck a nerve moreso that it did the first few times I watched it.  I'm quite sure it's because I'm truly living the same experience.  I've finally experienced a tramatic low point in my life where I really didn't see any sign of hope and just out of nowhere, the hole began to mend all by itself.  When I first saw The Persuit of Happyness, I had no idea how it was to live inside of a homeless shelter and now I do and I can finally say that I've made it through to the other side.  This saga has yet to come to a close and I have not been able to truly say that I've found happyness, but I can say that I'm moving closer to it each and every day.  I just hope that I don't take anymore U-turns, if you know what I mean.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...