Monday, February 13, 2012

how was keith's 25TH BIRTHDAY?


For starters it was ten times better than last years.  Remember THIS and THIS.  Yeah, I have nothing to complain about this year.

On my day of birth, I went to Second English Evangelical Lutheran Church to do some of my community service and then I headed to my mother's house.  Thankfully my mother is out of town on a business trip so I have the house to myself until Valentine's Day.  (She has no idea that I'm residing here while she's gone.  She just asked me to let Lexi out everyday.)  I originally had plans to hang out with Rick after he got off work but I canceled on account of the rain and snow.  Before I forget, I must also mention that Teon wished me a Happy Birthday via text message.  I miss him so much--if only he knew.

On Thursday the ninth, my brother wished me a Happy Belated Birthday via text message.  I also completed some more community service hours at the church.

Friday the tenth, I finally completed all 24 hours of my community service.  Yay!  Later that evening, Rick treated me to dinner at The Cheesecake Factory.

Finally on Saturday and Sunday, the eleventh and twelfth, I did nothing but sleep in, chill, watch 90210 Season 3 DVD, T.I. & Tiny: The Family Hustle, Braxton Family Values and MobWives on Comcast OnDemand, and dance to my iPod.

Apparently my friends at the homeless shelter got a birthday card for me which I have yet to receive on account of the fact that I have been nowhere near the HRC since Wednesday morning.  To be honest, I was quite shocked to think that they really cared enough to wish me a Happy Birthday let alone get me a card.  In fact, I don't recall telling anyone that the eighth was my birthday.  I think New York was responsible for that.  Oh yeah and I've been avoiding him too.  Drama seems to follow him wherever he goes and I just haven't been in the mood to hear any of it while I'm on my little vacation from the HRC.

Unfortunately neither of my grandmother's wished me a Happy Birthday.  I'm kind of disappointed in my maternal grandmother, Alice, but I won't hold it against her.

I just want to end this post by thanking God for blessing me with 25 years of life.  While the last couple of years have been quite rocky, I can say that at this moment, I have never felt more loved, more at peace, more humbled and more blessed.  I pray that I get to see another 25 years in my right mind walking on both of my feet. 

I leave you with a quote from the birthday card my mother left me with.  Enclosed was a twenty dollar bill and a powerful message just for me:
"SON, There are so many things I want for you, so many wishes in my heart as I watch you grow into your own life...

I wish you a world of adventure and experience- and also the serenity that come from listening to your inner voice as the world rushes around you...

I wish you the strength to face challenges with confidence- along with the wisdom to choose your battles carefully...

I wish you the satisfaction of seeing your goals achieved and also the true contentment that is born of simple things- work well-done, friends well-loved, moments caught and cherished.

And my greatest wish is that you will always remember how much you are loved- for you are a good and caring person...

a man I am proud to have for a son.

Happy Birthday"

connections from Hallmark

Love You Much
Mom
2012

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...