Wednesday, May 30, 2012

what's keith READING?

I was reading the March 2012 issue of Reader's Digest and came accross an article called "The Most Valuable Player" in the Hometown Heroes Section.  The article highlights how Allan Guei, now 20, gives his $40,000 scholarship away to other contestants of the Compton High School Freethrow Competion.  You see, in the weeks following the competion, Allan accepted a full-ride scholarship to California State University-Northridge for basketball.  Guei says, "I could have kept the prize money, but I was already going to college for free.  I knew the others were going to have a lot of difficulty paying for school.  They needed it for their futures, so I just decided to give it away.  It was just the right thing to do."

Reader's Digest, March 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...