Monday, August 15, 2011

what's keith READING?


I just finished reading the April 2011 issue of More magazine and I just have to share my love for "The Lost Boy" by Jacquelyn Mitchard.  While I was in no way a troublemaker like Rob, I could totally relate to the hostile relationship Rob shared with his mother.  I'm at the point in life right now where I have no feelings for Glenda or my other family members.  Like Rob, I wish I could stop "faking it".  But the memoir by Mitchard ends with a happy ending.  Rob rebuilt his relationship with his family members and got a degree in computer engineering.  This tale not only gives me hope for my future but also the future I have with my family.  To be honest, I don't see that day when I'll feel comfortable being around the rest of my family.  Today, if you asked me, I'd disown them altogether.  Yet maybe one day things will change.  Just maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...