Tuesday, December 20, 2011

how was keith's DOCTOR'S APPOINTMENT?

On Friday, December 16, 2011, I went to my scheduled doctor's appointment to see just where I stand as far as my HIV infection is concerned.  Unfortunately, the results were none too pretty.  My CD4 count is 4 and my Viral Load is 42,000.  Those numbers actually classify me as having AIDS.  WTF.  OMG.  FML.  I knew my health was not at its best but not that bad.  I don't see how someone who feels as healthy as I can have such a compromised immune system.  But it all makes sense now-- the worms, the shingles.

After Dr. Jocelyn Hines went over my stats she asked me if I had anyone that I could confide in.  I thought for a moment and replied No.  It's sad to say but I really don't feel like I have anyone I can truly talk to about this.  She told me that I should think about going to some support groups much like my medical case manager, Heather Sell, already mentioned.  Dr. Hines says that she finds that those who have confidants tend to fair better than those who don't let their feelings out.  After much thinking, I came to the conclusion that you are my confidant.  I've been pouring my heart out on these pages since Day 1 and you're always available whenever I need to cry a river.  I don't think I can stomach going to a support group just yet.

During the conclusion of my session Dr. Hines gave me some prescriptions.  I'm taking hydroxyzine and loratadine for my allergies.  Since my immune system is so compromised, I'm taking sulfameth, azithromycin and mycobutin, three antibiotics, to protect me from any sort of bacterial infection.  And finally I'm taking Atripla to control the HIV infection.  I started this regimen of medications on December 17, 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...