Saturday, December 3, 2011

what's keith's MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT?


I am HIV-Positive.  This comes as no surprise.  I was officially diagnosed on World AIDS Day, December 1, 2011.  Remember the STI screening I had.  Well I got my test results last Thursday and Dr. Jocelyn Hines informed me of the bad news.  Luckily, HIV and herpes are the only STI's that I currently have.  I'm going to try and make sure it stays that way.

The reason that I have delayed testing for so long was that I was afraid that I wouldn't have access to care.  I didn't want to find out if I was carrying the virus with no means of treatment.  Fortunately, I now have Primary Adult Care health insurance, however it won't cover everything.  This is where my new medical case manager comes in.  Her name is Heather Sell and her job is to help with any need I might ever have.  We're talking needs like housing, additional health coverage . . . the list goes on. Amazing, right?  I will see her whenever I go in for my doctor appointments.  My next appointment is scheduled on December 9, 2011.  It is on this visit that we will see just where I stand as far as this HIV diagnosis goes.  And now that I've finally gotten tested and am seeking the medical care that I so urgently need, I think I can finally say that I Love Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...