Sunday, January 23, 2011

who's keith MISSING?


A year ago from today's date marks the day that my beloved gray 2007 Honda Civic EX with Navigation was repossessed.  I really miss her.  Lisa was her name and when I would get lost, she would always be there to guide me safely back home.  She was repossessed by Capital One because I couldn't afford to keep up with the payments.  I first bought Lisa at the end of August of 2008.  I paid about $23K for her and to be honest, I probably could've gotten a better deal for her.  I wish I would have known that then but regardless, I was so happy to own my first brand new car.  She was my biggest purchase to date.  To make a long story short, I started falling behind on my payments starting in August of 2010.  And you already know why. 

Rewind to January 23, 2010.  I would say it was early afternoon and I planned on leaving to go to the barber shop and get my hair cut.  Well, I opened the front door to step outside and I noticed that my car wasn't in the driveway.  Surprised, I stepped back in the house and I then asked Kenny where he had parked the car being as though he drove it the prior day.  He said that he had parked it right outside.  Right then I basically knew the inevitable.  I then called Capital One and was hit with the bad news.  In my mind, I knew that day was coming.  I just wasn't expecting it on that day.

Poor Lisa.  I'm so sorry I put you through all of this.  I still carry your key on my keychain.  I just hope you're in good hands.  I probably won't ever be able to afford a spankin' brand new car for years to come.  Anyhoo, I miss you Lisa.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...