Monday, January 10, 2011

who's keith THINKING ABOUT?

"Friend of Mine", by Kelly Price featuring Ronald Isley and R. Kelly, takes me right back to the Summer of 1998.  Talk about deja vu.  I remember when my father would blast this song in the car during our hour long drives to the pool.  The song would literally play every ten minutes on the radio and we would sing along every time.  Just one of the many memories of my dad.

My father has since passed away.  He died on May 6, 2007.  Growing up, my father wasn't really around much.  I always wondered what kind of relationship I would have with my father once I became an adult.  I never thought that there would be no relationship.  I miss him and I wish things were different.  (There's a whole list of things I wish were different.  Yeah, yeah, join the club, you say.)  Anyway, to make up for lost time, he better be watching over me.  If not, I'll be sure to whip his alcoholic ass when I cross over much like he used to beat mine.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...