Thursday, May 12, 2011

what's keith DOING AT THE INNER HARBOR?

Sitting or better yet loitering.  I got off of work at 09:00 PM.  (More like 09:20 PM.)  I made it around to the shelter at about 10:00 PM.  Unfortunately, JHR was filled to capacity, so I waited outside until 10:30 PM, at which point I was instructed to clear the block.  JHR is not letting any clients in until 03:00 AM.  I can't believe it.  I, Keith XXXXXX, have been turned away.  I knew that once I started working that getting into the shelter was going to be a problem.  But I'll keep my head up.  I'm still keeping everything in God's hands.  I'm blessed to finally have a job.  That's all that matters.  I'm going to call my mother tomorrow and see if she'll let me stay at the property she's sprucing up.  Hopefully she'll say yes.  If there is a God, I know she would.

Oh and I have yet to tell you about my new job as cashier at Stop Shop & Save- your neighborhood nigger-mart.  I work at the Harford Rd location, right in the hood.  It's not a bad job though.  I get to ring customers up all day and not much else.  Most of the people that come through pay by way of food stamps. 

Speaking of food stamps, I'm sure now that I'm working my food stamps will cease to exist.  I only have $150.00 worth of food stamps left.  I'm trying to be conservative with what I have left because I'm not sure if I'll get any next month.  Yet I won't sweat it.  Once again, I HAVE A J-O-B.  That is something I haven't had since July of 2008.  We're talking almost 3 whole years.  And if you're wondering, I work part time making $8/ hour.  Blessed.  BTW I'm cold out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...