Thursday, April 21, 2011

what's keith USING NIGHTLY?

I am a huge advocate for using anti-aging skin care products.  In fact, I highly believe that everyone should be using anti-aging skin care products no matter his age.  And of course, everyone knows that the night time is the best time to apply your anti-aging skin care products.  So what products do I use nightly?  Here they are.

Right after I cleanse and tone my skin, I apply a generous amount of Roc's Multi-Correxion Night Treatment every night.  This product contains Retinol and claims to visibly diminish multiple signs of aging such as brown spots, wrinkles, and the appearance of pores.  It can be used alone or under your daily moisturizer, however I tend to use this product alone.  

So what do I think?  First, let me state that I am a huge fan of the entire Roc Skin Care Brand as well as this product.  When I use Roc's products, I always notice the results.  I tend to scar very easily.  I have multiple scars on my body as well as my face due to acne, hives, injuries... what have you, and I have to say that the hyperpigmentation on my face is nowhere near as pigmented as the other scars on my body.  With that being said, this product does a great job at evening out my skin tone.  However, I don't think it does a good job at combating wrinkles.  Now, I'm young, male, and African American, so I don't really have a problem with wrinkles, but I don't really notice any improvement with the slight wrinkles that I do have.  I must also note that this product is not very moisturizing and to be honest, I don't see how any product that is not moisturizing can benefit wrinkles.  But to give this product a little credit, it's designed to be used in addition with your nightly moisturizer.  Finally, I can't really speak on the claim that it minimizes pores being as though I don't have a problem with enlarged pores.  Thank god.

Another staple in my nightly skin care regime is Roc's Retinol Correxion Eye Cream.  Apparently, it's a winner of Allure's Editor's Choice Award and I know exactly why.  It really does fulfill all of its claims.  Now, I first mentioned this product HERE and I have to say that I owe Roc an apology.  Fortunately, it was not the cause of my swollen eye.  I have since found the culprit.  But that's besides the point.  Let's get back to the review.  This product also contains the vitamin, Retinol and it claims to visibly reduce wrinkling and puffiness around the eyes as well as evening out dark circles.  I am a huge sufferer of under-eye wrinkles, puffiness, and dark circles and I have to say that I notice a reduction in all three flaws.  In fact, my dark circles have been almost diminished entirely.

In closing, I just want to acknowledge the efficacy of Roc's skin care products.  I have been a consistent user of their products for about a year and a half now and I have to say that I am really impressed.  This France-based skin care line is phenomenal and truly delivers results unlike many other skin care lines that I have tried.  In fact, I would have to say that Roc actually does a better job than Olay.  Yeah, I said it and you heard it here first. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...