Wednesday, April 20, 2011

who's sticking up for keith AT THE JHR SHELTER?

Remember Mannie, the old guy that won't leave me the fuck alone.  Well, he almost got his ass whipped like 5 minutes ago.

Here's the story...  I'm minding my business.  Mannie comes over to me.  He starts with his wise talk and he expresses his disgust with me for blowing him off lately.  Well, one of my neighbors, Fred is his name, chimes in and asks if I'm alright after Mannie starts with his threatening demeanor.  And that's when shit hit the fan.  Fred got up and was about to get ready to throw down with Mannie.  Good thing it didn't happen but I feel really good that someone was willing to fight in my honor.  I pray for Fred for doing so because he didn't have to. 

Today was full of surprises.  It started earlier with the whole "downsize" fiasco.  I had the luxury of taking the elevator with my stuff when going outside, however I was forced to take the steps coming back in.  We're talking five flights of steps and two heavy bags.  Luckily, I had the help of a couple people because I didn't know how I was going to make it.  I was dragging my duffel bag up the steps while trying to hold a large trash bag filled with my stuff.  One person helped me carry the duffel bag  up one flight of steps.  Then my angel came.  He grabbed my duffel bag and said, "I got it."  He picked it up and carried it up two flights of steps.  Once we got to the fifth floor, he said, "I saw you struggling and I couldn't let you do that."  I felt so touched in that moment.  I glanced him a grateful smile and said, "Thanks."  I wish I could have done more for him yet I know my lord will bless him for that.  I don't see me grabbing another young guy's duffel and carrying it up the steps.  But that young fellow helped me out.  What a blessing?  I hope I remember that young guys face because I owe him one.

Also today, while leaving Lexington Market, another young lady said, "You are so cute," and I replied, "Thanks."  Thank God I'm beautiful. ;-)

There's still nine more hours in the day.  Hopefully, I can get through it in one piece.  To be honest, I'm really starting to fear Mannie.  He's certified crazy and I know I'm going to feel the backlash from this damn near death match.  You should have seen Mannie's face.  He looked like he was going to cry.  Trust, he's not as hard as he tries to portray himself to be.  I hope he gets the hint and just leaves me the fuck alone.  God, please do something about Mannie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...