Wednesday, April 13, 2011

what's keith WEARING?

SPF 12
"Wears for up to 16 hours"
"Flawless look, lightweight feel"

DIRECTIONS
  To Use: Shake well.  Apply to one area at a time, blending quickly.  Remove with facial cleanser.  Apply prior to sun exposure.

By now, I'm quite sure just about everyone has tried the Revlon Colorstay Foundation.  In fact, it is one of the best drugstore foundations around and its claims hold true.  So, what's the difference between the two formulations?  And which formulation do I use and when do I use them?  Listen up.

For the past few months my skin has been very much on the dry side.  In fact, many mornings, I wake up with dry and flaky skin.  So lately, I've been using the Revlon Colorstay foundation formulation for Normal/Dry skin.  Even though this formulation is suited for me, I still run into a problem.  And that problem is micro exfoliation which causes flakiness.  At first, I thought it was the way I was applying the foundation.  I have tried using a stipling brush, the ever so common foundation brush, as well as my hands to apply the foundation and I still sometimes run into the same problem.  I'm quite sure the issue is that the foundation mattifys for long wear.  So when I do wear this foundation, I make sure that my face is highly moisturized.  On the plus side, this foundation is very easily blendable, has a very natural look/finish, and a great match for my skin tone.

During the summer months, I use the Revlon Colorstay foundation formulated for Combination/Oily skin.  I adore this formulation for the hot humid months.  Even through sweat and tears, this foundation holds up and stays put.  As you can tell from the above picture, the Normal/Dry formulation has more of a dewy finish while the Combination/Oily has more of a matte finish.  And yes, the Combination/Oily does a great job of absorbing oil and controlling shine throughout the day.  I don't even have to touch-up at all during the day.  The only thing that I dislike about this formulation is that it can be pretty tightening on my skin.  So much so that it kind of exacerbates any acne or pimples that I might have on my skin causing inflammation.  I even notice while using the Normal/Dry formulation a few days in a row, small pimples start to show up on my face.  With that being said, I try to avoid using either formulation daily.  Although, during the hot summer months, it's pretty much the only drugstore foundation that can hold up.  I've even slept in this foundation and woke up to find that it was still on my face looking flawless.

Another thing that I also want want to mention is that the Normal/Dry formulation appears lighter in the bottle than the formulation for Combination/Oily for the Caramel shade.  Although, as you can see, when fully dry, both formulations are the same color.  So no worries.  And if you're wondering, this foundation offers medium yet buildable coverage.  I think that's about it y'all.  Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...