Tuesday, June 14, 2011

where's keith GOING?

It's official.  JHR announced today that this shelter location will be closing down within the next 30 days, more than likely during the beginning of July.  Shit, the staff has no idea what the exact date is supposed to be.  I've been hearing about the new shelter since I've been here and apparently there's going to be a lot of changes at the new building.  First off, there's going to be a maximum of 250 people- 100 less than the maximum at the current facility.   Second, showers are mandatory.  Third, you can't leave your belongings in the shelter.  If I decided to leave the new shelter at any time, I'm required to take my belongings with me.  I don't know how this is going to work.  I'm going to ask mother if she'll allow me to stay at her West Lanvale Street property.  The house is just about fixed up.  I should have asked  to stay there a long time ago.  I pray that she says yes.  If not, I don't know what I'm going to do.  I don't even want to see the insides of the new shelter.  Well, except to see Mr. Eldridge Branch, one of the social workers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...