Thursday, February 3, 2011

what's keith DOING AT THE JHR SHELTER?

I just finished talking to Kenny and I'm just going to cut to the chase.  I asked Kenny what he did today and as expected, he was up to the usual.  However, he mentioned that he talked to a friend of his that he really likes.  And I mean LIKES.  When he told me that, I almost died.  I just wanted to hang up the phone and cry my eyes out.  I didn't ask him to elaborate on his friend at all.  I just kept silent.  He's doing okay by the way.  He was just sitting up waiting for the new episode of Jersey Shore.  I don't like that show, by the way.  Anyways, I didn't bother informing him that I'm now staying at a homeless shelter.  At one point, he asked, "what's all that noise in the background?" and I sort of lied and told him that it was the TV.  Well, technically it's not a lie because the TV here is adding to all of the noise in the room. 

Speaking of the room, I've neglected to describe the shelter.  And yes, JHR stands for Jobs Homeless Recovery.  Now that we've gotten that out of the way, the building of the shelter is your standard office building with an attached parking garage.  The women occupy the fourth floor which is also the floor of the kitchen and the men occupy the fifth floor.  The room for the men is your standard open floor office with cemented floors.  You can tell that the floors used to be carpeted and I'm guessing that office cubicles used to occupy the space I'm currently residing in.

Okay.  Enough of the floor plan.  I talked with Regina Santiful today.  She's actually the Case Manager here at the shelter.  Unfortunately, she didn't have too many options for me which I had anticipated.  Pretty much the only thing she could offer was to ship me off to Florida.  She says that a Travel Aid program would pick up the expense and pay for the one-way ticket.  The only issue is asking my grandmother if I could stay with her.  Oh my God.  I'm so afraid to ask her.  I'm just so ashamed because I've neglected her.  (Deep breath.)  I just need to suck it up, put my pride to the side, and just ask her.  I'm pretty sure she would say yes.  Man, I just don't want to live in country-ass Mulberry, Florida.

In closing, let's get back to Kenny.  He told me to call him tomorrow and I won't.  Nothing has changed on my part and I've dug an even deeper hole for myself.  I'm tired of disappointing him and as you can clearly see, I'm still in love with him.  Hopefully, his new friend that he LIKES is everything he deserves.  I really do wish Kenny only the best.  Through it all, I'm sure he deserves it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...