Tuesday, February 1, 2011

what's keith DOING?

It is now day five at the JHR shelter.  I think I found out what the J-H-R stands for.  Jobs Homeless Recovery, if I'm not mistaken.  I'll double check a little later.  For the first time since I've been here, I have branched outside of the shelter.  I only went to McDonald's and 7Eleven.  I just wanted some chicken nuggets and a Pepsi.  The sad thing is that there's a rule here that restricts any outside food or drink inside of the shelter.  I know.  What kind of rule is that?  At a homeless shelter of all places.  I tried to sneak my food in anyway and unfortunately, I got caught.  The staff frisks you whenever you enter the building.  Once I was caught, the guy told me to go outside.  He was nice about it.  Unfortunately, I quickly ate my food next to a dumpster in the alley.  How low can you go?  I still managed to sneak my Pepsi and an apple pie inside.

This really sucks.  I have no idea how long I can live like this yet I'm thankful all the more.  Once I get myself back together, I am definitely donating some money and time to this shelter.  Without it, I don't know what I would do or where I would be.  It's cold as a bitch outside.

Tomorrow, I'm going to try to go back home and grab a few things.  I hope that bitch hasn't altered the alarm code.  If she did, I'll be SOL.  To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...