Sunday, March 13, 2011

who's hitting on keith AT THE JHR SHELTER?

That guy that was staring at me earlier ended up hitting on me.  He's another old guy.  Forty-six years of age to be exact.  I gave him my number anyway.  I said that we could possibly be friends.  It's funny because he said he would have to start frequenting this shelter since I was here.  I then told him that I would be leaving tomorrow and that I would be residing at Christopher Place.  He seemed to know about that program by the way.  He asked if I would be able to leave out whenever I wanted at CP.  I informed him that I wouldn't be able to and that I would be on lock down for the first three months.  He then says, "Well, you're worth waiting three months for."  Flattering, right?  His name is Paul.

And then I was kind of hit on by another guy later.  He said that he really wanted to talk to me which only meant that he wants to hit on me.  Y'all recognize game.  His name is Amos.  Now I wouldn't mind getting to know this guy.  He's from New York and he has a tainted past.  Well, who here doesn't have a tainted past?  I was looking forward to talking to him but he was instructed to go to "overflow" before we could officially rap.  Maybe we'll talk tomorrow.  I'm pretty sure he thinks I'm a nice guy after I let him use my cell phone on two occasions.  He's kind of cute in an "old guy" kind of way.  I hope we talk tomorrow morning.

Also, Amos seemed to know about Christopher Place as well.  Why does everyone seem to know about CP?  I'm starting to get a little skeptical.  I haven't even thanked God for this opportunity yet because I don't know if this experience will be a blessing or a curse.  I'm supposed to check in at CP tomorrow night.  The thing is that if the program doesn't work out, I won't be able to come back to JHR.  I know.  That sucks, right?  So much for a back-up.  According to JHR policy, once placed in stable housing, one cannot benefit from JHR services.  I signed that agreement last Friday. 

But you know what?  I'll thank God anyway.  I'm looking forward to this experience.  I guess it can only be for the better.  I just hope this lock down business goes smoothly.  Psst.  I'm going to try to sneak my phone in.  Wish me luck.  Tootles for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...