Thursday, March 3, 2011

who's keith CRUSHING ON?

I'll admit it.  I have a little crush on this young guy here at the shelter.  Not that I'm trying to push up on him, I just want to get to know more about him.  For some reason, he seems very interesting to me. 

For starters, his name is James.  He introduced himself a couple of weeks ago.  It's kind of crazy how he did so.  One early morning, I was sitting with my head laid on a table.  He then taps the table, waking me up from my slumber mind you, and asks why I'm in the shelter.  I replied that it is due to family issues.  He then gives me his name and for the next minute and a half he tells me a little more about himself.  He explained that he is 22 years of age with 6 kids, how he had his own place but lost it due to his drug conviction, and how the place he was staying prior to living at the shelter was raided for drugs and he was forced to leave.  He explained that he had no high school diploma and how he was going to get a job at BWI making $15 an hour.  I mean he gave all of this information and I just listened.  I was a little intrigued.  As you all know, I'm not much of a talker but a good listener.  I doubt he'll get that job though.

Shortly thereafter, we get on the topic of sexuality.  He asks if I'm bisexual or homosexual.  He said that he could tell that I was at least bisexual.  He then tells me that he's bisexual and that no one suspects it.  And he's right, actually.  He then says in the exact words, "I'm tryna fuck, so what's up?"  And I politely shut him down.  He says, "Why?  I'm not your type." and I say, "No, it's not that.  I'm just not interested."  For the record, he is definitely fuckable unlike all of the other losers trying to push up on yours truly.  I'm just over my "promiscuous phase" as I like to call it.  I don't want sex before love or commitment.

Anyways, he let's me know that he's a TOP and he gives me his phone number.  He says, "Don't take my number, if you're not going to call."  And I said, "I'll call."  Well, I haven't called but i did send him a text message a few days ago.  He never texted back though.  For some reason, I think he misplaced his phone or he's out of minutes.  By the way, he's sitting in front of me , as I write.

You know how you're heart just goes out to someone.  That's exactly how I feel.  He's younger than I am and I wish him the best.  He seems like a well-mannered young man.  I don't know his full situation, but I really do wish him the best.  Judging by the ID badge around his neck, he's apparently in a work therapy program.  And I could tell that he goes to NA meetings judging by the 30, 60, 90 days clean key chains hanging from his knapsack.  Although, today those key chains aren't hanging from his knapsack.  I hope he hasn't relapsed.  Enough about him for now.

Well, I'll tell you a little more .  I would consider him to be dark-skinned and he's about 5' 7" with a medium build.  And yes, he's cute but not in a clean-cut kind of way.  He's rugged looking and he walks like a gangster.  Okay, enough.  I doubt we'll ever be friends.  We're probably on total opposite ends of the spectrum.  I just hope I get to see him become a success.  I'll be sure to pray for him tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...